Quebec independent renewable energy producer since 1987
Hydromega positions itself as a leader in the Quebec independent renewable energy market.
Hydromega specializes itself in the conception, construction, financing and operation of independent electric facilities in Quebec and Ontario. The energy produced is exclusively sold to Hydro-Quebec or to the Ontario Power Authority, through long term Power Purchase Agreements.
Today, total hydroelectric production capacity developed by the company exceeds 120 MW.
Hydromega was established with a mission to identify, conceive, develop, build, finance and operate independent hydroelectric facilities in the renewable energy sector.
Hydromega has focused on the hydroelectric sector for its first twenty years of existence. Today, Hydromega has broadened its scope to develop different promising types of renewable energy, such as wind power and biomass energy.
Thanks to its leading position as an independent power producer in Quebec, Hydromega has become a privileged partner in the development of new renewable power projects.
Since its creation, Hydromega has demonstrated its capacity to be innovative in the development of high-quality projects :
- First independent power producer to sign a power purchase agreement in the Province of Quebec (Mont-Laurier generating station);
- Installation of the first hydroelectric production system using the siphon method to pump water over the dam in Canada (Côte Sainte-Catherine I, II and III generating stations);
- First public-private partnership developed in the independent hydroelectricity production in Quebec (Aménagement Magpie).
Hydromega is particularly seeking to develop partnerships with companies or local organizations interested in the development of their region’s renewable power potential.
Hydromega can offer to its partners the following services :
- Feasibility studies including preliminary studies;
- Participation in equity;
- Financing including preparation of comprehensive financial analysis and reports for both interim and term financing;
- Preparation of contracts and call for tenders;
- Negotiations of power purchase agreements;